Thursday, December 14, 2006

Common Misconceptions

There is a common misconception about liberals, as I'm sure there is over conservatives. Not all liberals are atheists, I am not, it is my beliefe in God and the teachings of the Bible that makes me a liberal.
Liberals are anti-American. On the contrary, we love this country and the foundation on which it stands.
Liberals hate the troops. Oh, Lord! I love this one - absolutely not! Our commander and chief, as stated, shall not put the troops in harms way unless absolutely necessary. Iraq, was anything but necessary. It was a lie, a proven and admitted lie. Not to mention the amount of Iraq war veterans that are Dems as opposed to the Republican ones. Want to count them?
We believe in the freedoms the Constitution gives us. We believe in the people in this country and want to help them better their lives and their children's and parents/grandparents lives.
We believe in the rights of the Geneva Convention. We believe that one leads by example. If we allow torture, so do they - legally.
We believe in the right to freedom of speech, free press, unbiased, reporting the news, not what it has become.
We believe in a persons right to die with dignity, their decision, not that of the courts or government.
We believe in a fair tax. Even Bill Gates agrees, stating that with his money, he's paid no taxes. He can afford tax shelters that protect him and those in his tax bracket from paying a thin dime. Meanwhile, good, hard working moms and dads pay more - much more than their fair share.
We believe in a separation of church and state. We don't want a church running the state anymore than we want the state running the church. Vote your conscience, it's up to you, not the state. How many of us would be screaming if the religion of Islam ran the Country? The Catholic church?
We have moral and family values. We don't need to insist the state adhere to them nor do we want the state to dictate morality. Morality is taught in the home. The moral values of Judaism differ from Muslim, as do Catholics and Baptist. Therefore, do we really want a church running the state, isn't this a reason we came here in the first place?
What is the differences and likenesses in the two parties? Are we that different? Do we really want different things? Or has this administration separated us to this point?

2 comments:

bedrocktruth said...

Thanks for your email L, I really appreciate your comments.

Honestly I'm enjoying the break and since no one would ban me I just took one on my own :+)

You have a nice blog and I'll be glad to drop in from time to time and comment.

All the best...

Ziem said...

Honestly I'm enjoying the break and since no one would ban me I just took one on my own :+)

I am partly to blame for that, and I am sorry to say that I don't regret it. ;)