Friday, March 30, 2007

Obama Slams Bush

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Friday accused President Bush of failing to respect the Constitution amid the uproar over the firing of eight federal prosecutors.
The Illinois senator also took a swipe at embattled Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. Obama has joined several other Democrats in calling for Gonzales to resign.

"I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution," Obama told an audience at a campaign fundraiser. "I believe in an attorney general who is actually the people's lawyer, not the president's lawyer."


Oh how refreshing it is!! This man is not playing nice and not playing politics. He speaks the truth - like it or not. I have no doubt that every single republican camp out there is scrambling to find dirt on this guy. We're still waiting.

"I just hope that everyone here has that same sense of urgency that I do," Obama told the students. "I hope the young people in particular use this campaign as a vehicle to get involved and engaged. This is one of those rare moments where we could change history, and those moments don't come that often. So I hope that all of you take advantage of it."

Obama told the group that he can unite the country, and a united country will bring change.

"But there are going to be times when I'm tired, there are going to be times when I'm weary, there are going to be times when I make mistakes, but none of that matters if we have millions of voices who are coming together insisting on a new America," he said.


Truth, determination, honesty and a zest for change, things we as Americans have not seen in quite some time, but need desperately. Go get 'em Obama, kick some bushie ass!

7 comments:

Paul said...

I like Obama and if he can energize the youngsters into getting involved, all the better. I do wish though that he hadn't gone begging to AIPAC for support.
It would be nice to see a grassroots movement supporting Barbara Lee for President. She was the only one to oppose the war from the git go.

Ziem said...

I like Obama. He has a country first policy that we desperately need. Plus he's a tough cookie, he doesn't rattle easily, and he has no problems making statements like this. His voting record can stand on it's own.

Paul said...

I'm looking forward to the primaries next year because I think it will be a good opportunity for the grassroots people to have their opinions heard and possibly shape the Democratic agenda. I will of course vote for the chosen candidate and my hope is that it is not Senator Clinton.

Peacechick Mary said...

The more I hear and read about Obama, the better he gets. I'm sure hoping he makes it through the primaries because he will bring some dignity to the election.

Ziem said...

Me too Mary.

Though I have a lot of respect for Mrs. Clinton, she is not my chosen candidate.

Anonymous said...

It was that English Bull Dog, Churchill, that said something like this; "Americans do the right thing right after they've tried the other options". Arguably, you have fucked it up pretty good lately, so, isn't it the time to do the right thing and elect Obama? Try it, you might like it!

Ziem said...

That's my plan... ;o)