Thursday, February 15, 2007

Help?

Within the next week, I will be off line for about 25 days.

I have decided to retire and my husband took a transfer to Arizona. After the past year, I am really looking forward to the change. Two of my three sons are in Arisona, which is another plus for me. I miss them a great deal.

We have the U-Haul all set up and are heading out next week. We've decided to make a vacation of it, heading down the east coast and over RT 10 through New Orleans and Texas, and IF they'll let me, a quick slide into Mexico. Being a Georgia O'Keefe fan, we are also heading up into New Mexico. The trip itself should be fun and I'm rather looking forward to it. If you know of any points of interest, please let me know.

Here's where I need a bit of help. I'm looking for some posters. I don't want a pause in our message, our lives and our country and our world are too important to give up on. Anyone and everyone intrested, please let me know as soon as possible and I'll get you set up before I head out.

Thank you in advance. Be safe, be well, be happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is bad news to me! I have enjoyed reading your views, Ziem, and now you will turn the faucet shut. Nevertheless, your upcoming adventure in moving sounds awesome. I have visited your country three times, but never in the South. Hopefully, after 25 days or so, you will write about this experience.

Ziem said...

Why thank you kind sir! I certainly enjoy this, it's a form of therapy as well.
I have my digital ready and I do plan on writing about my "adventures", complete with pictures and all. It'll be interesting, moving from a Democrat state to a Republican state too. I have no doubt you'll eventually hear all about it.
I assume you're a Canadien. Hockey fan?
I was hoping that you would be interested in posting, it's pretty easy and you don't have to limit yourself to bush-bashing. (lol) Please think about it and let me know.

Anonymous said...

Well, you are almost right with my nationality since my boss aka. wife is a Canadian. I am also in a year long visit here in Canada to see my wife's extended family. However, by the summer we'll go back to Finland.

Thank you for your kindness of offering me a chance to post here! However, I have to decline this honor. It's one think to respond on something that somebody has brought up and another to actually hatch an original idea and perhaps research the validity of such an idea. Now I can yak about anything if I so desire and the hell with the consequenses, accuracy or even the spelling. I love eating but hate cooking.

Anonymous said...

Laine, I'd like to help you out but I'm nearing burn-out with just what I currently already do.

I hope you and your husband have a wonderful trip and find your new home what you want.

Hurry up and get back on line!

Stram

Ziem said...

That's okay pekka, thanks for the thought. I love Canada, I used to be in Montreal almost as often as I was in the states. Old Montreal and Ottawa are just beautiful.

Thanks Stram, I know how it can be. I'm looking forward to the trip, my husband has never seen most of the east coast, so it's a treat for him.