Monday, May 21, 2007

Blame Qwest and Andy



Internet issues and a commitment to finish my book are keeping me from blogging lately. For this, I apologize.

The up-side to my dilemma, is that I may finally finish my first full length novel. I actually started it twenty years ago, it was a story that, in chapters, I told my kids at bedtime. My youngest (and my retirement plan..) conned (and I DO mean conned) me into putting it on paper.

As an artist, I am my own worst and harshest critic. I have been working on this manuscript for almost a year. I have re-written several parts, several times. My son and his friends have backed me into a corner - so to speak. I will finish this. Well, I will or I'll have to buy lunch. If you know any 21 year old men, you'd know that a lottery winner would have issues buying for these big eaters... so, I shall finish.

I actually thought of posting the prologue for some honest critiques from some great people that I trust (you - not to put too fine a point on it.) It's a scary-ish ghost story geared at 12 to 14 year olds.

Any thoughts?

7 comments:

sumo said...

I can't wait!

Peacechick Mary said...

Yes! Give us a taste of the feast!

Undeniable Liberal said...

Lessee!!

Pam said...

I want to read it!!

I am SO IMPRESSED you are writing a book!! Can I get a signed copy when you are done??

fallenmonk said...

Should be fun. Go for it.

Anonymous said...

please!!!! post it.

azgoddess said...

i would love to read the parts you wish to share...sounds like a winner!