Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Show that Never Ends

It gives me great pleasure today to pick apart bush's SOTU speech. It was long and as usual, complete BS, so I'll just chose a few points. You can read the transcripts, part one is here and part two is here.

First, we must balance the federal budget. We can do so without raising taxes. What we need to do is impose spending discipline in Washington, D.C.

Gee, ya' think big spender?

Five years ago, we rose above partisan differences to pass the No Child Left Behind Act — preserving local control, raising standards in public schools, and holding those schools accountable for results. And because we acted, students are performing better in reading and math, and minority students are closing the achievement gap.

He really needs to listen to every single teacher and parent and student in the boarder states. This "no child left behind" is leaving half of all children behind.

From the start, America and our allies have protected our people by staying on the offense. The enemy knows that the days of comfortable sanctuary, easy movement, steady financing, and free flowing communications are long over. For the terrorists, life since Nine-Eleven has never been the same.

What allies? He's alienated all of them. Does he really believe the shit that comes out of his mouth?

In the sixth year since our nation was attacked, I wish I could report to you that the dangers have ended. They have not. And so it remains the policy of this government to use every lawful and proper tool of intelligence, diplomacy, law enforcement, and military action to do our duty, to find these enemies, and to protect the American people.

It hasn't and can't end as long as he and his policies make a great recruiting tool for OBL.
Proper tool? Like dismantling the Constitution? denying Americans basic human rights? Like illegal wars and wiretapping and reading my mail, checking my credit....
It was long before this remark that I strained my middle finger and just as long before the drunken sailor in me came forth, swearing and growling and pointing...

To prevail, we must remove the conditions that inspire blind hatred, and drove 19 men to get onto airplanes and come to kill us.

I know he doesn't listen to us - but does he listen to himself?

Despite endless threats from the killers in their midst, nearly 12 million Iraqi citizens came out to vote in a show of hope and solidarity we should never forget.

And he's still ignoring the pleas from the government THEY voted for.

Yet it would not be like us to leave our promises unkept, our friends abandoned, and our own security at risk. Ladies and gentlemen: On this day, at this hour, it is still within our power to shape the outcome of this battle. So let us find our resolve, and turn events toward victory.

Are you fucking kidding me? What a moron!

In order to make progress toward this goal, the Iraqi government must stop the sectarian violence in its capital. But the Iraqis are not yet ready to do this on their own. So we are deploying reinforcements of more than 20,000 additional soldiers and Marines to Iraq.

The Iraqi government would like nothing better than have us out so they might control their own country. Not that the king would ever listen to that!

We ARE deploying? I see, congress doesn't have a say, the people of this country, not the people of Iraq and their government either?

Is it just me or has this "man" became the terrorist dictator that he continually warns us against? He has shredded the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, waged a war of occupation and aggression, cares less about his own people then Saddam did and his country has a lower opinion of him than Germany did of Hitler. Including all Americans and their allies and Iraqi's he has more blood on his hands than Saddam ever dreamed of. Way to go there Shrub!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK First, Congress must approve all spending. I'd love to see an end to all these junkets the congresspeople take all over the world with their families and staff. You and I both know they are nothing more than vacations on our tax money.

Second, by the students in the border states are you referring to all those illegal aliens in our school system and welfare rolls?

Allies? With the possible exception of Great Britain we only have allies when it benefits them monetarily. Fuck the French, Fuck the Germans who cares that we liberated one country that couldn't defend itself and rebuilt the other? Why should they be allies?

As far as being a recruiting tool for OBL. I believe that Slick Willie was President when the WTC was attacked the first time and the time line has proven that the planning of the air attack on the WTC was in the planning stages well before "Shrub" ( I do think that's cute) was elected.

Hmmmmm shape the outcome? Well I guess if we actually ever fought a war since WWII that we were willing to win maybe we could. But for some strange reason we always seem to handcuff our military and don't let them do what they are trained to do.

I'll give you the point on this one. If we're not going to do anymore than we are over there now, let it be the Iraqi gov'ts problem now.

OK lets not go overboard with that one. "W" hasn't yet used biological warfare against the American people, so I think he's at least one step better than Saddam. People in Germany during the 30's and early 40's weren't allowed to have opinions other than what the Gestapo said they could have. Last I looked the IRS (our Gestapo) hasn't told us how to think yet. Remember, Saddam and Hitler would have you executed for for disagreeing with them. And you really need to check your facts and figures on how many of his own people Saddam murdered, hell include the Iranians too, and the Kuwaitis versus Allied casulties from both Gulf Wars.

Thank you for posting your blog today. I was so disinterested in what he had to say I went to bed instead of losing sleep over the STOU speech. It doesn't matter what he says anyway because the Republicans will applaud it and the Democrats will hate it and if it had been A Democrat giving the speech it would have just been the other way around. Business as usual on Capitol Hill. Party line politics. I'm trying to remember the last time someone there uttered a totally independant and original thought. At least Slick Willie had charisma and was a good public speaker. I may not have agreed with much of what he said but damn I did enjoy listening to the man. He had a flair that this country hadn't seen since Truman. (who btw I thought was a great president).

Ziem said...

Okay... I guess we'll start at the beginning.

You're right, congress must approve spending. It was Hilary that introduced legislature and it was passed that put an end to most of this and campaign contribution fraud a couple of weeks ago.

2. I'm not talking about the illegals. I'm talking about American citizens. When a teachers goal - by law - states children have to pass a test, she caters to the majority in her class. Many Spanish speaking in the boarder states ARE legal. I lived there, trust me.
3. You left out Italy - who lost hundreds of men and Australia - who lost hundreds and Korea....
4. Clinton did what was neccessary without craming all this terrorist bullshit down my throat. He brought to trial the bombers of the first WTC attack. They are all serving life sentences. Stop blamming the Clintons and look to who ignored the file named "Osama said to strike in the US..." so he could go on vacation!
5. My brother died as a pow in Vietnam but thanks for saying it didn't mean anything.
6.deal!
7. Shrub is doing a little ethnic cleansing of Muslims that did nothing to deserve it. He invaded a country - in MY name - that didn't deserve it. Sorry - Hitler.

8. Your quite welcome. I love doing it, it helps me get out some aggressions. You will, in future threads, hear the whole story. Then, maybe, you'll see why I have the oppinions of this f'er that I do.

Anonymous said...

OK I never said Nam didn't mean anything. I said that we weren't allowed to win. There or in Korea (where my father earned a bronze star with clusters). What I was refering to was the constraints put on the US military by the government. How the hell can you win a war when you can't fight the enemy in his own territory. In Korea as well as Nam our troops were not allowed to go into the North and take the battle to them. We allowed bombing runs but even those were stopped after the UN chastised us for doing so. As for Italy, it all depends on who is winning at the time as to who they are allied to. Reference both World Wars. I wasn't blaming Willie for anything I was just stating fact. Bin Laden was known as the mastermind of the 1st attack and in 1992 the CIA actually had a location on him but Clinton would not issue the order to go get him. What I object to is your accusal that all this is "W"'s fault when it was all well in the works long before anyone had heard of him. As for the spanish speaking students in these schools why are they being left behind? Because they don't speak english? What the hell are they doing in those schools if they don't have an understanding of the English language? My upstairs neighbor is from El Salvador. And no, I don't know if she's legal or not. But, she does have a 5 year old daughter that speaks both English and Spanish very well. Actually she speaks English better than some of the local kids. She won't be left behind in school because she has a grasp of the language. Again, please don't misconstrue my statement about us not fighting to win. Our Soldiers fight with all their heart and being a combat veteran you should know that I don't think anyone died for nothing. But to borrow a line from a really bad movie..... "This time can we win?"..John Rambo.

Ziem said...

Why punish a child of working immigrants? Isn't school fer' lurnin'?

This law states the majority of students must pass a reading and math test. Now, you are a teacher, we're playing let's pretend here. seventy-five percent of your class is Spanish speaking. Yes, they might understand English, but not up to the standards of the born and raised for generations in this country students.
So, you must get that 75% to pass this test. Right? So tell me, what aren't your students learning? Who's falling behind? Would it matter if the percentages were flipped? What are we doing here? I'll tell you, we are creating a generation of unskilled laborers that may one day need your tax dollars for help and support.
You don't like the idea of welfare, yet you like the idea of leaving a percentage of children "behind".

As for Korea, Vietnam and Iraq, we were never in it to win it. The duty of every president it to "not put the troops in harms way unless absolutely necessary." None of these were necessary. These soldiers were set up to fall. We cannot win this, there is nothing to be won, only more lives to be lost over another lie.
And, in case you haven't noticed, gw has had the stage for SIX years. What has he done? When Clinton left office, he left a file and (dammit! what the hells his name!!) bush and co were briefed on OBL. They CHOSE to ignore it. You need to read what's-his-names book. The mini series on tv was a lie. Remember, I research everything.

I think the best way to go about this is to have you look here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/08/AR2006090801949.html

and here:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/08/abc.movie/index.html

and here:
http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh090806.shtml

you may have to copy and paste - I haven't figured out the link thingy yet.

Wesley Clark!!! That's his name! Hey, I'm old and blonde! Read his book, I dare you!

Ziem said...

On second thought Larry, just watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13lGuuebvfg

It may give you some insight.

Anonymous said...

Hey, remember I'm old and Blonde too. And Col. North testified before congress (don't remember the year but it was in the 90's) about the impending threat of man named Osama bin Laden and no one paid attention. But I guess a Lt. Col. doesn't carry a lot of weight in the credibility dept.

Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the local school board or dept of education to make sure that the teachers are given the tools to suceed? A teachers aide that is fluent in spanish to help those students that need help understanding? I have no problem with that. Of course we haven't determined if these childrens parents are here legally or not. If they aren't they need to be sent back to the country of thei origin to learn in schools that aren't paid for by my tax dollars. Don't misunderstand me. If people want to immigrate here to better their lives do it legally like many before them did. I can't say like my ancestors because like you I can trace my family's military history back to the revolutionary war. But I know plent of immigrant families that have come here legally and thrived in our society. Keyword: Legally

Ziem said...

And Col. North testified before congress (don't remember the year but it was in the 90's) about the impending threat of man named Osama bin Laden and no one paid attention. But I guess a Lt. Col. doesn't carry a lot of weight in the credibility dept.


Yep! And George Sr chose to ignore that fact.

Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the local school board or dept of education to make sure that the teachers are given the tools to suceed?
YES!!! But! this no child left behind act takes that out of the local governments hands and into the feds. THUS, mu point.

Actually, my Gramps side of the family came from Ireland in the late 1800's. My dad and my grams family raced the mayflower and beat it here. ;o)

Legally would be better for them, yes. Do me a favor, do some research on the Mexican government. It might help in this discussion.