Sunday, April 1, 2007

and.... the asshole of the week goes to....

Before I vent, before complete outrage takes over my senses, I need to define, or redefine, as the case may be, what an American is.

An American is not a single nationality with a single religion. We are a group of people that come hundreds of different countries. We have hundreds of different faiths, if any at all. We are, or were, a melting pot.

I have been to Ellis Island, I have seen the Statue of Liberty. I don't think "Give me your tired, your poor, you're huddled masses yearning to breathe free...." is followed by, "as long as you live by Newt's rules." or even, "as long as you're a WASP."

Once again, newt gingrich, with his lips firmly planted on the bush administrations collective asses, shames our country. His hypocrisy and his kkk-like ethics have, at least me, fuming!

WASHINGTON - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich equated bilingual education Saturday with “the language of living in a ghetto” and mocked requirements that ballots be printed in multiple languages.

“The government should quit mandating that various documents be printed in any one of 700 languages depending on who randomly shows up” to vote, said Gingrich, who is considering seeking the Republican presidential nomination in 2008. He made the comments in a speech to the National Federation of Republican Women.


(snip)

In the past, Gingrich has supported making English the nation’s official language. He’s also said all American children should learn English and that other languages should be secondary in schools.

In 1995, for example, he said bilingualism poses “long term dangers to the fabric of our nation” and that “allowing bilingualism to continue to grow is very dangerous.”


Dangerous, is this attitude Mr. Newt. How dare you speak for the American people with such hate and racism. I don't know why I'm so surprised, you and your party have been on an ethnic cleansing parade for quite some time. A "man" that divorced his cancer ridden wife, numerous extramarital affairs and two messy divorces has no right to lecture or speak of morality. I certainly do hope you run for president in 2008. I really do. I hope you even win your parties nomination. Then, you'll see just how disliked you and your fucked up opinions actually are. You should be ashamed!

11 comments:

Undeniable Liberal said...

Excellent rant.

Paul said...

Newt's supposed to be a pretty smart guy. So I wonder why he's so stupid.

Donnie McDaniel said...

Receiving that award is no big hurdle for Newt!!! During the same CPAC hate rally that Annimal Coultergeist made the comment about Edwards, Newt actually blamed the Katrina survivors!!! I kid you not! Here is what that racist bigot said:

"How can you have the mess we have in New Orleans, and not have had deep investigations of the federal government, the state government, the city government, and the failure of citizenship in the Ninth Ward, where 22,000 people were so uneducated and so unprepared, they literally couldn't get out of the way of a hurricane."

Did you get that? He came right out and said "the failure of citizenship in the ninth ward" and that from someone in the party that claims to have compassion!

Ziem said...

God he sux!

Donnie, that ranks right up there with o'reily blamming the young kidnapping victim, saying "he was enjoying himself". Moral majority, my ass.

Annimal Coultergeist! lmao - I love it!

Anonymous said...

Americans who learn, truly learn, a second language in school are going to be twice as equipped to handle the international job market that is country will be competing in this coming century.

Spanish, Chinese, Japanes, German, French, etc. Seems pretty forward thinking to me.

Adair Seldon said...

He always was the smartest bigot in the room.

Dogwooddave said...

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ziem said...

Noosance: That'd be damn funny... if it weren't so true..

Absolutely Jim! French and Italian and English were spoken in my home. My dad learned French in WWII and my Gram was Italian. It helped me so much with Latin and English in high school and with college later on.

To deny peope who and what they are is an absolute outrage. I'll give him ghetto! I think I'm still raging here....

Anonymous said...

We can only hope that Newt Gingrich wins the Republican nomination for 08. It's very possible that he could, too.

James Dobson threw his support to Newt this week. I'm sure Jimmy Swaggert, James Baker, James Jones, David Koresh, and Eric Rudolph will be chiming in any day now.

Progressive Texas Chicano said...

I just posted my .02 on Newtie. OMFREAKINGOSH I came unhinged.

grrr!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, ziem, I came here to see what is this noise all about? Couldn't find any parking space near by your blog like I used to. The place is rocking and people are grammed in like sardins.

The same damn thing happened with Praque, my favorite city, when just a few of us knew what a great place it really is. Today, everybody visits Praque and I had to try and find a new city. In your case, because you are so good, I am determend to elbow my way in and occassionally park my fat ass on your couch. :->